Friday, March 30, 2012

How to create seperate Differential Backup Files

Instead of creating one file with the different Differential Backups in it, I
would like to create seperate files so I can script it easier - like the DB
Maintenance Plan wizard generates a job which creates seperate files for each
of the Full Backups.
I cannot seem to find the option to specify this thru the GUI/Script for
Differential DB Backups though. Using All Tasks->DB BAckup (only way to
create diff backup except via script?) you only get the choice of Append or
Overwrite Existing Media. Or alt, how do I specify which Backup in my file of
multiple backups to restore via script.
Any help much appreciated -Thanks
Amelia
Read this greate article
<http://vyaskn.tripod.com/sql_server_...ices.htm#Step1
> --administaiting best practices
"Amelia" <Amelia@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6A9FF6C5-079E-4963-BECE-A0C5CABAA490@.microsoft.com...
> Instead of creating one file with the different Differential Backups in
it, I
> would like to create seperate files so I can script it easier - like the
DB
> Maintenance Plan wizard generates a job which creates seperate files for
each
> of the Full Backups.
> I cannot seem to find the option to specify this thru the GUI/Script for
> Differential DB Backups though. Using All Tasks->DB BAckup (only way to
> create diff backup except via script?) you only get the choice of Append
or
> Overwrite Existing Media. Or alt, how do I specify which Backup in my file
of
> multiple backups to restore via script.
> Any help much appreciated -Thanks
|||Thanks Uri,
I read the article. It was good but similar to the Backup Strategy's I've
read in the Online Books in SQL Server.
I have the plan I want to implement but was stuck on my original question.
Regards
"Uri Dimant" wrote:

> Amelia
> Read this greate article
> <http://vyaskn.tripod.com/sql_server_...ices.htm#Step1
> "Amelia" <Amelia@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:6A9FF6C5-079E-4963-BECE-A0C5CABAA490@.microsoft.com...
> it, I
> DB
> each
> or
> of
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment