Friday, March 30, 2012

how to create sql server 2005 instance(after uninstalling sql server express)

I have uninsttaled sql server 2005 express then installed sql server 2005 developer edition.All things are installed and working fine like management studio,BOL,reporting services ,e.t.c.

But there is no instance of sql server 2005.I can connect to sql server 2000 instance from management studio.

I have check from all ways but there isn't any instance.

Could I create a instance of sql server 2005 from some where if yes the how.

You can also check my post at sqlteam forum http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=63600

If you run setup again you can create another instance of SQL Server on the same machine. Just give it a new instance name when you run setup.

|||

Thanks Alexander.

I achieve it exactly the same way a week earlier.What I were trying to find is that is there any way we can create an instance without reinstalling full sql server 2005.As at that time when there isn't any instance but i can connect from management studion to sql server 2000.

|||No You need to go through installation again to install a new instance. For speed you can limit what you install to only a new DB Engine which is quicker than installing all the sql server 2005 components again.|||

Thanks alexander.

That indeed increased my knowledge

No comments:

Post a Comment